This is a deliciously light way to start the meal on a hot summer’s day. You can vary the vegetables to your taste, likewise the amount of anchovy for those of you that do not enjoy the delicious salty, fishy morsels. The vegetables can be prepared and grilled well in advance, but are best served not too cold.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the Vegetables
- 2 courgettes, sliced lengthways 4mm thick
- 4 baby aubergines, sliced lengthways
- 4 new season onions, quartered
- 2 red and yellow peppers, peeled, deseeded and quartered
- 100g mixed baby salad leaves
- 4 tbsp shaved Parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil Salt and pepper
For the Dressing
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed into a paste
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 zest of one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- To make the dressing, crush the anchovy fillets with a fork, then add all the other ingredients.
- Cook all the vegetables on a hot grill, lightly brushed with olive oil and seasoned.
- Place on a platter, toss the salad in a little of the dressing, scatter the cheese on top and drizzle the remaining dressing over the vegetables.