The Master Chef’s Top 5 Supermarket Champagnes
Pick up a top bottle of bubbly while you’re doing the weekly shop with Drinks Hamper's pick of the top five.
1. Blanc De Blancs Brut NV Champagne, £22.50, Sainsbury’s
Only made from Chardonnay grapes, this elegant style champagne has delicate floral notes. Perfect paired with salmon canapés or light dishes.
2. Champagne Brut, £18.99, Morrisons
A medium dry champagne that is best served as the clock strikes midnight!
3. Finest Premier Cru Champagne Brut, £19.99, Tesco
An award winning dry champagne with a creamy texture and citrus finish, perfect as a pre-dinner drink.
4. Oudinot Brut, £25.00, Marks & Spencer's
A dry and elegant champagne with a crisp lemon undertone, this champagne works well alone or as an accompaniment to a light fish dish.
5. Comte de Brismand Brut, £11.99, Lidl's
A finalist of the Quality Drink Awards 2011 and winner of the Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards, this budget-busting champagne is recognised as one of the top supermarket brands.
See more: Visit The Wonderful World Of Pommery